Sunday, September 11, 2011

K3

We've been busy, lame, and ultimately, lazy.

I apologize, but lets hope these tracks make up for it, at least a little.

Music is important to me because it can directly change my mood. These tracks should hopefully be in an order that goes from a more mellow mood to one that will energize you, and bring a little involuntary dance into your life. I'm going to try and use 8tracks for this, so it's going to be an 8 track minimum post. Here goes.

First up, we have Skylar Grey's Invisible. I love her voice, and the track is beautiful. Nothing more to be said here.

Next we have Howlin' For You by The Black Keys. You've instantly become a smooth operator. You're wearing a nice suit. You're probably playing poker. You're almost certainly winning. There's obviously an attractive person of the opposite sex hanging around you. You're ordering a drink. It's definitely hard liquor.

Moving on is almost a step backwards. It's Invisible again, but this time Miss Grey's song has been amped up by John Dahlback; I don't think it ruins it like some remixes do, just kind of turns a sad observation into a realization that a lot of people feel the same way (happier, too).

Next is a song that takes a while to build up (as do a lot of electro/house songs) but I think it's worth it. Written for his girl Kate, Arty brings us an instrumental song called Kate, showing us that he is, in fact, the cleverest. Can't bash him, though, the song is uplifting, and big.

Nervo. Afrojack. Steve Aoki. Hook N Sling remixed We're All No One and this song maintains that "big" feeling that I love so much. It's those big, synths? I guess that make me just love certain house songs.

We are now at the first of the last 3 songs, all of which I believe should definitely lift your spirits. The first shot of happiness is another John Dahlback remix, specifically of the song Big by Sneaky Sound System (alliteration, anyone? Or is it consonance?)

Tim Berg, also known as Avicii, keeps you floating right on up with his Three Chord Revolution. If you're the type of person who gets simple, yet catchy riffs stuck in your head... You're screwed. Avicii loves messing with those people.

Obviously, I've saved what I view as the best, for last. I loved Coldplay's Every Teardrop is a Waterfall. I've also always been complaining that Swedish House Mafia don't release enough songs. Behold the current mother of all uplifiting house songs, in my humble opinion: SHM's remix of Every Teardrop is a Waterfall.

You better be in a damned good mood. Hell, it's 3 am and I'm basically dancing in my seat.

Let me know what you guys think of the 8track thing. Just fyi, on the second play of the playlist, it will randomize the songs, so make sure you listen to it in order while reading this post on the first try.

The Playlist

1 comment:

  1. Woot woot! Awsome stuff, bro.

    As far as the 8track thing, it's a really good idea. However, if someone doesn't like some of the songs, or just wants to hear a particular song again, they cant individually search for it there. 8track limits the amount of songs you can skip, so you can't really do the repeating stuff.

    For all you viewers out there, this is an issue we will be working on and optimizing for your auditory pleasure ASAP.

    If you have any ideas or comments, don't hesitate to email me at cdfrantzis@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete