Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Daily Post #17

Hey everyone, I'm taking over the daily post this evening, and so I thought I'd come up with a few songs for that time of night when we're either falling asleep or should be falling asleep.

First up, for the lonely hearts, we have a song by The Gaslight Anthem, a punk rock group out of New Jersey, called "Here's Looking At You Kid". Not the most upbeat song, but man does it get in my head.

Next is a much more heartwarming song called "First Day Of My Life" by Bright Eyes. My life plan is actually centered around learning this on guitar and winning over the heart of an heiress.
I've had worse plans.

And lastly, one of my all time favorite songs, "Falling Slowly" by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova, with a little help from Hansard's band The Frames. This song was written for the film Once which starred Hansard and Irglova.
Oh, by the way, this won an Oscar.

And with that, goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment